Should I use Bleach on my Carpet? The answer is NO!!!!! NEVER Use Bleach on Your Carpet!!!!!
Sometimes people ask the question?....
Should I use Bleach on my Carpet?
Or, Should I use Bleach on a Pet Spot?
The answer is a resounding...NO!!!
NEVER Use Bleach on Your Carpet!!!!!
This question usually comes up after someone has a very nasty spot that needs to be thoroughly sanitized. For example, pet (or human) feces, urine, vomit, blood, etc.
The problem is that Bleach is a very CAUSTIC Chemical. In fact, Bleach is considered a chlorine-based corrosive substance. Exposure to bleach can irritate the eyes, nasal passages, skin, and lungs. Serious side effects of using bleach can include breathing problems, skin burns, damage to the nervous system, asthma attacks, migraines, and even vomiting. Bleach is especially dangerous for Children and Pets!
In addition to being very dangerous for you and your family, Bleach is also very damaging to Carpet. As a corrosive chemical, Bleach can permanently damage carpet fibers and carpet backing. It also can permanently remove the color from certain types of Carpet!
So if you are a Renter who needs to get rid of a Carpet Spot? Do NOT Use Bleach! You may cause far worse damage to the Carpet than the spot itself- You may even lose your Deposit over the permanent damage from the Bleach!
So what are some other options?
1. Wear protective gloves to clean the contaminated area (Be careful of Latex Allergies)
2. Initially, rinse the spot with warm water.
3. If the spot is persistent or needs to be more thoroughly sanitized- Call a Professional! We highly recommend a IICRC Certified Firms with Trained and Certified Technicians. (Like Us!)
We are here to Help!